Friday 9 May 2014

Best and Worst Foundation Reviews

Hey Everybody!

Today I'm bringing you a beauty related post! I want to talk about my favourite foundation, and one that I was shockingly disappointed by. This is my own opinion and other people may have different ones so yeah this is just what I thought.

So I'll start with the one I was disappointed with - Benefits 'Hello Flawless' Foundation.

          I'm in the shade Ivory.                           (Sorry for the zoom of my face)
I watch a ton of youtube videos and loads of people mention how much they love this foundation and other benefit products. As I had come to the end of my favourite foundation, I decided that I would splash out and try something new. This foundation is £25.50 so I figured it must be pretty good in comparison to the ones you can get at boots.



First impressions was good as it perfectly matched my skin colour, and it had pretty decent coverage. It started to wear off a few hours after the application which is a pain when your constantly on the go. I continued to use it for several weeks and noticed that I had started to break out. Another negative is that after only 3 weeks of use it was already half empty. I used the same amount on a daily basis that I would use with any other foundation.

I was hoping for something a bit better for the price I paid. It made me breakout, didn't last that long in two ways. So overall in my opinion I don't think it was worth it, and I definitely won't be repurchasing. I will keep the remainder for back up or something.

NOW, on a more positive note I want to talk about my favourite foundation! And that is the Revlon 'Colour Stay' foundation. I get it for normal/dry skin but there is one for oily/combination skin too. (I accidentally picked up the one for oily skin, it was one of those days)


I never break out and this foundation can last me 2 maybe 2 and half months. It normally stays on my face long enough to get me through the day. I'm not somebody who tops up their makeup so this is perfect. I honestly regret switching so I rushed out to by some more, and I am so happy I did!

I am in the shade 150-Buff.

Peace+Love,
Shannonx

twitter: @shannonnicoleeB
tumblr: draggedoutdays.tumblr.com
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/simplybeautifulSB






0 comments:

Post a Comment