Thursday 1 May 2014

HOW TO TO MAKE NEST EGG CAKES!

Hey Everybody!


Ooo, a second post this week aren't I doing well! I know easter has been and gone, but this doesn't mean you can't make nest egg cakes! I make them all throughout the year and theres nothing wrong with that.

You will need: Shredded Wheat Cereal 
                         Your preference of chocolate ( I chose cadburys milk chocolate)
                         Mini Eggs - of course!
                         Cake Cases
                         Honeycomb Pieces (Optional)
                                 
The first thing you need too do is break up some shredded wheat into one bowl, and some chocolate into another. You need to make sure you have enough chocolate to cover the shredded wheat otherwise you won't be able to taste, and then it will be as delicious. As I will explain later you can pour the shredded wheat into the melted chocolate bowl and then decide as you go how much you want to add.

                                  
Afterwards you will need to put some water in a pan on a medium heat, then place the bowl with the chocolate in on top. This needs to be stirred as it melts. You can also melt chocolate in the microwave but I find that if you don't keep an eye on it, it burns a lot easier than in the pan.

                                   
Afterwards pour in the shredded wheat into the chocolate doing bit by bit. As you can see I put the chocolate into the shredded wheat bowl by mistake and it was a lot trickier, so I don't recommend doing this! Once you are happy with the consistency you can spoon it into your cupcake cases. I added honeycomb bits before I put them in the cases.

                                   
The last and final step is to put the mini eggs in the middle of your nests, then all you need to is place your cakes on a plate and put them in the fridge over night (or for a few hours).

                                   
I hope you've enjoyed my recipes this week, I didn't think I would do these sorts of posts but over the easter holiday I have been preparing for parties and other things so I have been doing a lot of work in the kitchen so I thought I would share some of the simpler ideas with you!

Peace+Love,
Shannonx

twitter: @shannonnicoleeB
tumblr: draggedoutdays.tumblr.com 
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/simplybeautifulSB

0 comments:

Post a Comment